Setting up correct meta tags in WordPress is an important part of search engine optimization (SEO). Luckily, the All in One SEO Pack plugin simplifies the setup and shows you an example of how your site may show up on search engines. This video shows you how to set your homepage meta title and description for a static page and for your latest posts. Below is an outline of the steps:
1. In the WordPress dashboard click “Settings” then “Reading”.
2. If you are set to display your “Latest Posts” click “All in One SEO” then “General Settings”.
3. Scroll down to the “Home Page Settings” section and enter your “Home Title” and “Home Description”.
4. Click the “Update Options” button.
5. If you are using a static front page click “All in One SEO”, then “General Settings”.
6. Scroll down to the “Home Page Settings” section and click the enabled option next to “Use Static Front Page Instead”.
7. Click the “Update Options” button.
8. Now when you go to “Pages” and “Edit” a page, you will see an All in One SEO section on the bottom where you can fill in your meta “Title and Description”.
Read our full guide – Setting your Homepage Meta in WordPress with All in One SEO – to learn more:
InMotion Hosting was founded in 2001 and provides personal and business web hosting for everyone! For more information about our WordPress optimized hosting plans, visit us at:
🔷 Get 1 year of WordPress Hosting for just $10! 💸 This Limited Time Offer Exclusively from InMotion Hosting Gets You WordPress-optimized Hosting, Email, Free SSL, Free Website Builder, Free Themes and So Much More! (Available for New Customers Only)
▶︎ Claim This Offer Now: